It is mandatory that Regina teams participating in the Regina Ringette league send a representative to the manager’s/treasurer’s meeting. Any team failing to send a representative to this meeting will be invoiced a $50 fee to their team for not attending. Your team will be notified by the commissioner of the meeting date.
The course is online and can be found at http://www.coachingringette.ca/.
This course has been designed specifically for those who may not wish to coach, yet wish to contribute and be involved in a team’s organization. The information contained in the manager’s certification is valuable and beneficial for any individual in the “team sport” setting. It is highly recommended that those people who are currently in a coaching role obtain this manual to help increase their knowledge in the area of team administration. This program is intended to prepare an individual for a managerial or an administrative position on any Ringette team.
After creating your online profile, you will be able to access the Managers Certification Program by clicking on the appropriate tab.
Please read through the material online and answer the respective questions. You will not be able to advance to the next section without having successfully answered the questions.
Once complete, a certificate of achievement will be generated, but you are not required to print this as you will receive a wallet card accrediting you as a Certified Manager by Ringette Canada. These individuals will be registered with their provincial/territorial association and with Ringette Canada as certified managers.
You will have the ability to review the Managers Certification Program by logging onto the system at any point in the future.
All certified managers will be added to the manager’s database and will have the ability to receive emails regarding updates or professional development opportunities. All provinces will be provided with a master list of all certified managers in their province.
There is a $25.00 fee for this course which can be reimbursed using the Regina Ringette Expense Claim Form.
The deadline to complete this course is December 15th.
The manager certification course does not certify you to be on the bench. Managers will not be included on the roster as a member of the bench staff and will not be permitted on the bench or the ice with their team unless they obtain the certification of a coach or a trainer.
Team Manager Responsibilities – There are several links within the document below that may be helpful.
You must notify the RRA Registrar by email with your intent (yes/no) to participate in provincials before November 10th. In your email, please include your division and team name. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The team manager needs to work with the other team staff, team treasurer, and parents to ensure that everyone is kept informed and organized.
The team manager does NOT need to do all of the work themselves – ask for volunteers to take care of various tasks and delegate. This also helps to get more people involved with the team.
- Collect contact information from players including player name, phone #, address(es), parent name(s), e-mail & birth date. It is also a good idea to collect any pertinent health information, such as allergies and other medical conditions – this can be helpful to the coaches but should be handled discretely. This information should be stored in the team first aid kit.
- Discuss season plans with team staff to determine possible tournaments, team apparel, etc. Based on these ideas, create an estimated team budget including practice ice, tournament entry fees, year-end & other miscellaneous costs (such as pictures, apparel, bus costs). Please review the team budget rules in the Regina Ringette Playing Rules document to ensure you stay within the applicable limits for your division (U8 to U19B).
- Book practice ice, as necessary.
- Meet with team parents to finalize a plan for the season – which tournaments to attend, whether to take a bus, team apparel & other decisions requiring their input. The budget must be approved by a vote of the parents and a copy of the approved budget must be submitted to your division commissioner (U8 to U19B).
- Recruit a treasurer & co-signor (these are ideally someone other than the coach/manager or their spouses). Request an initial payment from each player for the treasurer to open the team account.
- Create team phone lists & schedules to hand out to each of the players. Remember to assign each family (usually excluding the coaches) to time/scorekeep & operate the shot clock (if required) for each league game. It is also a good idea to create wallet-sized team lists including player’s jersey #.
- It may be useful to give a copy of the Sample Scoresheet, Timekeeper-Scorekeeper Duties & Shot Clock Operation (in divisions where used) pages to each of your team’s parents.
- Once the tournament(s) have been decided on:
- Submit the tournament application form ASAP along with a cheque from the treasurer. Some tournaments fill up quickly.
- Book a bus if the team has decided to take one.
- Book hotel rooms. Don’t forget to book one for the bus driver if you are taking a bus. Make sure to check with the team to determine how many rooms are needed.
- Some tournaments require each team to provide scorekeepers, shot clock operators, and/or people to work the penalty box. Be prepared to assign these tasks or get volunteers.
- Prepare an itinerary for the tournament weekend.
- Fill out the game sheet roster. This is most easily done using stickers (2×4” mailing labels). You will need three stickers per game – one for each sheet. Remember to cross out any players that are absent and add any players that have been picked-up as Affiliate Players (Temporary Promotions) – indicate these players with “AP”. The home team is responsible for providing the game sheet, which will be distributed to teams at the beginning of the season at the managers/coaches meeting.
- After each game, the winning team (or home team in the case of a tie) is responsible for reporting the game score.
- After each game, the winning team (or home team in the case of a tie) is responsible to email a copy of the game sheet to email@example.com
within 24 hours. The copy can be a picture or scan but the text must be clear and readable.
- Fundraising – this is a good opportunity to get others involved with the team. Recruit volunteers to organize/coordinate various fundraising activities that the team decides to do.
- Book team photos – don’t wait too long to do this otherwise they won’t be back before the end of the season.
- Raffle baskets – it is a Regina Ringette requirement that your team contributes a minimum $100 valued raffle basket for one of our local tournaments (whichever tournament your division would be playing in, even if your team is not participating). Coordinate to collect items or purchase items on behalf of your team in advance of the tournament.
- It is a Regina Ringette requirement that your team contributes a minimum of 30 hours of volunteer time at our tournaments (or other locally hosted events).
- NOTE: In the 2022-23 season, each team must complete at least 10 of their 30 volunteer hours at the Canadian Ringette Championships in Regina in April 2023.
- Ensure all members of your team sign up for a few hours and contribute to the success of our association.
- The Volunteer Tracking Sheet must be used for each new activity an individual works.
- Please refer to the Performance Bond and Volunteer Hour Policy for eligible volunteer activities.
- Organize a year-end wind-up.
- Collect all equipment issued to your team at the beginning of the season. Confirm with your goalie if they own their own equipment – if not, all Regina Ringette goalie equipment should be returned along with the jerseys, pylons, rings and jersey bags at the equipment return date assigned to your division. All jerseys should be washed before they are returned!
Over the summer months, we will be reviewing our rules, policies and procedures. Links will be available once each document has been reviewed.
E-1642 McDonald Street, Regina, SK
For General Inquiries:
Regina Ringette Association © 2022 Powered By TeamLinkt